Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

13 March 2010

Grumman Goose!

I recently got to take a flight on a real live 1942 G-21 Grumman Goose with radial engines. We flew from Dutch Harbor, AK and landed on water at Akutan, AK. It was pretty sweet!



5 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Kaptaintansky said…

    Woooohoooo! Finally logged my first hour in my shiny new logbook and thought "Wow, gotta tell Dan!" Total blast! Was from Wright-Patt, out to Wright Brothers practice area, back with slow turns, power-on stall, and some cross-wind work. Clearance was a hoot: ahead (thank G-d!) of a C-5 and behind a Predator (imagine being closer to a plane than its own pilot is). Can hardly wait for the next course when we move up to the Diamond and (hopefully) the T-38. It's hard for my brain to come back down...

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Anonymous BWI said…

    Another informational, enjoyable post to read.......thanks for putting it together.

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Market Analysis said…

    Looks really fantastic!!
    Aviation Report

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger JetAviator7 said…

    Always wanted to fly a Grumman Goose but never got the chance. Most of my flying days are gone now, but I still get to chat with lots of pilots through my Aviator Sunglasses business.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello! Your blog is really interesting and these pics are awesome! I would love if you could help me in making the dreams come true for a student trying to earn their A&P and study airplane mechanics.
    Thank you in advance for your support!
    http://www.gofundme.com/airplanetoairforce

    Please share this if you can, I’d be ever so grateful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home