Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

05 April 2007

DA50 First Flight!

I'm sooooo excited! The DA50 took its first flight today! Check out the press release from Diamond here. Check it out.....totally awesome! Columbia 400 and SR22 Turbo watch out! I'd like to reserve my spot for a kerosene burning model!

Okay, after reading this, I realized that I probably have too many exclamation points, but I'm not changing anything:)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't worry--that bird is worth MANY exclamation points. Why not just photoshop you and Beth in the front seats?
    I'm floating on cloud nine, too--one of my patients today turned out to be flight-training manager for a Certain Local Fractional-Ownership company in town that shall remain anonymous (!@#$#@ HIPAA). He promised a low-level tour of Ohio in a brand new Citation XLS whenever the weather and schedule permitted. I can't wait! I'd rather be in something radial-engine powered, but there's no turning down a free flight!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Delta Whiskey said…

    Suh-WHEET! Okay, here's the plan.....fly over to I40 (4100ft runway) on a cool morning, and I'll be happy to drink some old fashioneds as you fly me post-haste to KCMH or KOSU or wherever. Actually, I don't really care too much. It'd be sweet to get a ride in a jet regardless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home