Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

23 January 2007

DA50 Superstar

Watch out, Mary Katharine!! There's a new SuperStar in town, and it doesn't have smelly pits. "Sometimes, when I'm shooting an instrument approach at minimums, and I get nervous, I put my hands under my armpits and then I smell them....like this.....SSSSNNNIIIIIIIFFFFF!"

Apparently, Diamond didn't think of the marketing implications when it named its new aircraft to compete with the Columbia 400....so here you have it - the four-bladed, 350HP DA50 "Super Star". It chews up SR22's, Cherokee Sixes, Columbia 300's, Bonanzas, Arrows, and a good plenty assortment of twins and eats them for lunch. At least I hope so. Maybe I can get a ride at Airventure 2008? I'll bet Mary Katharine Gallagher...the TRUE "SSSupahstar" would be able to get a ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home