Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

13 August 2007

Flying the NIght away...

Picked up my night currency on Saturday night, er...uh....sunday morning... It was the first clear night which was cooler than 80°F for a week, and I hadn't flown for about 2 weeks, so I was having some serious withdrawals. After my brother Sam's wedding, I picked up James and Metnick for some night time flying. We flew into Port Columbus, full stop landing, and then over to Ohio State University Don Scott airport, where we saw a Gulfstream corporate jet on the ramp, then a take-off back home to Coshocton. We thought that it was the night for the Persied Meteor Shower, and saw a few shooting stars, but it wasn't. Apparently that was the NEXT night.

Sunday afternoon, Beth & I headed over to Washington Courthouse to visit the Outlaws. We spent a pleasant afternoon with them, had a wonderful dinner of Donatos Pizza and headed back to the Airport for some rides. My nephew Adam went for his first two airplane rides and absolutely loved them. He was pretty excited....kind of how I feel inside everytime I fly:). That was pretty much the highlight of the trip for me....always fun to introduce someone to the joys of flying....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home