Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

08 August 2007

A Thespian trapped in a man's body

In other news, I have taken a the role of Roger/Gary in a local community theater production of Noises Off! It's really a funny comedy to see, and a funny one to be involved in. It involves a lot of physical comedy and rather witty dialogue....and it's the first play that I've ever been in. It's quite the experience - I'm really behind the script at the beginning...where to stand, when to come in, when to stop talking, where to look, what to say, what to hold, what to put down. It's kind of like the first time I pushed that throttle forward and started off down the runway with my brain about 500ft behind the plane. All that to say, if you want to have a fairly accurate picture of what small-town community theater is like, you must watch the Christopher Guest mockumentary, Waiting for Guffman. It's like he went to Coshocton and researched this movie - it's hilarious, mostly because it's SO true...Okay, back to practicing my lines....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home