Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

09 June 2007

Go Tribe!

On Wednesday, I was privileged to attend a major league baseball game with my older and wiser brother, Joshua. Although I had attended many games during my teen years, my brother had alway bowed out, and watched THX1138 and listened to Verdi or Wagner at home. It was somewhat satisfying to see him in a folding chair at Jacobs Field in Cleveland. The Indians didn't do so hot - fairly dry until the 8th inning, then they got a couple of people on base and started swinging for the fence. My observations? We need more people like Pete Rose and Ty Cobb in baseball. Contact hitters, not home run hitters. There's too much glamour and individual fame that pollutes the game nowadays via the home run derbys. Players seem to be going for individual stats, and not making smart hitting and base-running decisions. Not many team players out there...at least on Wednesday. As a result, the first-place Indians lost to the last place Royals for the second night in a row. Not even my giant foam finger worked to rally the team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home