Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

08 May 2008

See the Light!

So, we're scheduled to get some bright 50watt XeVision HID XV-19-W lights to replace our weak, weak, halogen lights sometime this month (or maybe next month). Whenever the FAA office in Cleveland decides that they have taken enough time to process the 337 form. In the meantime, I found this super-cool step-by-step instruction manual on the web for installing said HID lights into a Diamond DA40's wingtip. Click HERE for the instructions. I wonder if I could just replace them myself....

2 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger DB Wiley said…

    Hey Dan,

    Cool. So did you actually change the sign or did you photoshop this image?

    DB Wiley

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Delta Whiskey said…

    I went to http://www.churchsigngenerator.com....youcan customize your own church sign, whether you are pentecostal, catholic....whatever. It's great fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home