Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

06 November 2006

Practice makes perfect

Friday was even nicer than Thursday. Practice of the PTS standards commenced bright and early with my instructor. We walked through about everything in the PTS, practiced short and soft-field landings, and logged 1.5hrs. No additional instrument practice logged....we'll try for next time. I had a heck of a time holding my altitude constant. I really need to work on that.

In other news, our T-hangar has a new resident, and the C172 is banished to the cold wind blowing across the ramp. More details to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home