Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

15 April 2007

April Showers

Snow showers, that is! A big cold front and early spring storm has gone through Ohio this evening, but not before I got some hours in this morning. 1.2 hours in the DA40 under an 8000ft overcast. It was really clear and smooth, and this was the first time that I had flown with my Uncle, who is a student pilot. We worked the pattern, practiced some unfamiliar airports, practiced entering the patttern. It was fun. I think that I would like to be a CFI someday. Something to work for! I do have over 40 cross-country hours towards my commerical & instrument rating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home