Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

04 July 2006

Vacation Update!

We have decided to take a seaplane to Isle Royale on the Royale Air Service! It will be really fun - I've always wanted to fly in a seaplane. Well, not always, but ever since I was a little boy and my grandfather Wiley flew up on a bush plane to meet us at a small lake north of Sudbury, Ontario. I remember his video of the flight up, and sitting on the dock, watching his plane touch down and taxi up to the dock. Now, 20+ years later, I will be on a seaplane with my beautiful wife! Very exciting! I can't wait....I think that I will have many seaplane dreams between now and the end of July. Sorry, Beth:).

1 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why are seaplanes so confoundedly LOUD? Are the exhausts freer, or is it the larger prop, or is it just an illusion from sound reverberating off the water?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home