Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

07 December 2007

Chinese Refueling Drill

If the Chinese build a Cessna Skycatcher with the same care and precision that they refuel a piston aircraft, I'm not so sure I want to take a ride. Hey, Ping Tsao....watch out, or you might get a mouthful of 100LL! Makes me REALLY appreciate the service that we get up at Coshocton Richard Downing for free. Here's the link to where I found this: James Fallows

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Charlie Thompson said…

    Yeah...and there's about 2 cc's of LEAD in every gallon of 100LL.
    It's called "low lead" because the older avgas had 4 cc's of lead. Yikes....spit that stuff out!

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Delta Whiskey said…

    Ehhh....what's a little insomnia and irritability between ground crews? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning

     

Post a Comment

<< Home