Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

06 March 2006

Lamb Days

So, now March is upon us.....so I have to make sure that I fly on the "Lamb Days" and not the "Lion Days". Today was a "Lamb Day", with temperatures above 7°C, 12,000ft ceiling, and light variable winds. I went up to I40 and dragged Six-Golf out for a few short hops around the pattern. I managed to log 4 landings, one missed approach, and 1.1hrs of flight. Not a whole lot to say about this flight...pretty routine, but I'm starting to get bored with my current endorsement. I have a solo endorsement for flights originating from Coshocton, staying within 15nm of the airport. This limits my flying experiences to a class G airport with no tower, little traffic, and no navigational challenges. I'm starting to stagnate....I need to get some new challenges besides the perfect landing on the same runway in the same direction. I just need a change of scenery and some new challenges. I think that I'm going to call my instructor and get some serious flight time in the next few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home