Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

31 October 2005

28 Days

28 days....that's how long it's been since my last flight! Crazy, huh? Well, I finally managed to break away from work today and log another 1.0hrs of flight time. The good weather continued over from the weekend, and I had some nice weather. I flew around, just relaxing and enjoying the views. I practiced a couple of emergency landings, and a practice approach to one of the grass fields around my home base. Speaking of which, I'd like to share a view of my home base, Coshocton Richard Downing Airport (I40), which has very nice facilities, a brand-new terminal with extremely nice pilot lounge. It also can boast some of the cheapest 100LL around. Check it out some time when you are in the area.

I also took a photo of the 2000MW Conesville coal powerplant just down the river from Coshocton. Look at the piles of coal! I'd love to get a tour in there someday - I'll bet it's chock-full of engineering fun!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Sam Wiley said…

    Man, I love flying over Coshocton and around the powerplant. It's lots of fun... there really is a lot to see. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home