Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

10 November 2005

777-200LR Worldliner

I won't pull a JNW and post 6 hi-res photos of obscure planets and moons (very pretty photos, by the way) but I just wanted to include a few nice shots of the 777-200LR and the AWESOME 115,000lb thrust GE-90's that power this fantastic aircraft.

Note the raked wingtips - they improve aerodynamic efficiency

Sweet fisheye photo of the underside

Photo of a GE90-115 engine run-up test (mounted on a 747-200 test aircraft). Dag, yo! Them rocks be FLYIN'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home