Powered by Lycoming

About 80% of general aviation aircraft fly using Lycoming engines. Clearing the trees at the end of the runway. Leaving 4500ft for 6500ft. Maintaining airflow and generating lift across the wings. All are impossible without a reliable engine. Lycoming powers my training aircraft and so fuels my quest for a private pilot certificate. This blog is a record of my thoughts and experiences on life, flight, and learning.

30 April 2007

Coshocton Flyin'

I woke up extra early on Saturday to go flying, only to be greeted by IMC and 200ft ceilings. Not a good combination for the VFR pilot. Anyhoo, I occupied myself by spreading mulch, mowing the yard and doing typical 'round the house things until the weather cleared and the blue, blue sky appeared between some poofy clouds. My cousin James had been bugging me for some time to go flying, and this was a perfect opportunity. We flew around Coshocton, and took another look at the growing Ethanol plant. Look how far they've come since March! Serious progress, and they've fixed that 1,000,000lb ethanol tank. We then flew over to Salt Fork Reservoir and cruised around, then headed west to Newark (VTA), where we made a touch and go, looked at the Longaberger Basket and headed for Coshocton. It was fun, and pretty nice weather - visibility was awesome!!

Coshocton Ethanol from 1000ft AGL
Coshocton Ethanol - they've fixed the collapsed tank! Looks like serious progress!

Poofy Clouds over Central Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home